Monday, January 14, 2013

Love Birds ~ Donna Salazar Designs ~ DT Swap

Hello There, I hope this post finds you all excited about the possibilities of the New Year Ahead.
And what an exciting year will it be for Jessy when she welcomes her beautiful bub into the world.
I hope you like this Jess, All your photos were just gorgeous, but I think this photo of the two of you is soo beautiful! So much love! x









Creating the Background
To make this background I have used torn strips from the Crafty Chronicle and have pasted them over the background of the storybook paper.


Next I have used a card to spread modelling paste over the background.

Then finished off with some spots of the Peridot Reinker then spritzed with water to blend and spread.


Not shown here but as an afterthought I also stamped the Dear Sir and Bricks Stamps on the background in Denim Ink.

Creating the Letters

I have used the GCD Compatibles "Donna's Alphas" Chipboard Letters.
This is an easy technique to add a bit of interest to your letters and give them a rustic charm.

Step 1: Using a PVA glue like Helmar's Tiger Grip randomly add some lines across the chipboard letters.

Step 2: Next place some of the Crafty Chronicles paper over the letters, print side up. Then leave this to dry.
Step 3: Once the glue has dried tear back the paper, it will tear away from the spots with no glue under it. Don't worry if you tear a bit of the chipboard letter off too, this just adds to the charm.
If you prefer this not to happen hold your finger (or nail) on the chipboard letter under a loose edge of the paper while you tear away the excess.

Step 4: Next I have used my finger to spread a little of the Verdigris Reinker over the edges of the letter and a little on top. Add sparingly.  (I think the Verdigris is my new fave colour!!)

Step 5: Spritz the letters with a little water to blend the colour over the letter.

Step 6: I have also added a little of the Peridot Reinker to the edges.
Step 7: Then to finish off I used a black pen to draw an outline on the letters.

I hope you have enjoyed this simple technique!

Products used:
Patterned Paper
GCD StoryBook
Crafty Chronicles
Chipboard
GCD Compatibles "Donna's Alphas"
Want2Scrap - Chipbopard
Want2Scrap - Flourish & Free as a Bird
Flowers
Dusty Attic
Prima
Colour
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx Reinkers - Verdigris, Peridot
Clearsnap Mix'd Media Inx - Denim
Stamps
Donna Salazar - Dear Sir, Bricks
Dies
Spellbinders - Grand Peony Creations
Other
String
Black Pen



  Thanks for dropping by!
Have a great day!
Cheers
Michelle xx


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...