Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Beautiful ~ Donna Salazar & Tutorial - Butterfly Pizazz

Hello again, I bring you this post from a very very wet Queensland in Aus! It has been raining for weeks we have finally had a couple of days of sunshine!
I have a very clean lined layout for you today! This style of layout is a huge challenge for me, but I really wanted the photo to speak for itself on this layout!
Donna's papers and embellishments were perfect to compliment this photo. This photo is taken at my Grandparents beach. This is my favourite place in the world. And now that my Grandparents are gone it is even more special to me! I miss them so very much!





I have added a little pizazz to this butterfly, you can see the tutorial below to get this effect.





 Butterfly Pizazz Tutorial

This is a really simply and effective way to add a little pizazz to your butterflies or embellishments!



All I have done to achieve this effect is stamp with the Swirly Doos Stamp and the Butternut CHOX Mix'd Media Inx. Stamp the swirl over each wing. I used a scrap of paper to cover each wing while I stamped the other.


 Next take the Glue Gloss and paint inbetween the stamped pattern then sprinkle with Fairy Dust Glitter.
To finish of the butterfly I have used beads and wire to create the body and antennas, I sprayed some gauze with black ink to create the tail for the butterfly..


Paper:
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar Designs - Fun & Funky
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar Designs - Natural Beauty
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar Designs - Mix'd Media Stax
Stamps:
Art Gone Wild: Donna Salazar Designs - Swirly Doos
Art Gone Wild: Donna Salazar Designs - All My Love
Ink:
Clearsnap: Mix’d Media Inx Chox - Butternut
Clearsnap: Mix’d Media Inx - Black
Dies:
Spellbinders: Bitty Blossoms
Spellbinders: Shadow Flowers
Spellbinders: Pockets & Swirls
Other:Clearsnap: Fairydust Glitter
Clearsnap: Glue Gloss
Beads
Gauze



 I hope you have enjoyed this quick and easy tutorial!
Have a great day!
Cheers!

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...