Monday, August 19, 2013

Earth Flowers ~ Canvas Fun

Hi All, I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend, I took a bit of time out to do a bit of painting on the weekend and getting messy. And even surprising myself I ended up with this, I have never painted anything like this before, really happy with the results!!

 
It is hard to believe this is where this canvas started, it started out as a demo at my first workshop. I was challenged to do something with purples and to not use aqua or green! OOOPS FAIL!!
Sorry girls, I couldn't help myself. I really wasn't liking what was happening. After hanging it behind the door for the past few months I don't know what possessed me to pick this one up the other night and start playing with it again. I just threw all confines out the window and just let myself see what could happen with no plan. It was quiet a freeing process. After all I didn't like where it was so it didn't matter if it went from bad to worse!


From here I started with an antique glaze all over and added some colour and Inka Gold rubs, gelato's and more! :) I just kept adding layer upon layer!


Then I added  the flowers and embossed on them and added glitter and more layers of paint.





The colours look totally different the top one taken inside on the phone with a quick enhance app added and the photo below was taken in the afternoon sun.
I am happy with the texture on this one, the cracks on the vase are actually egg shells! :)
 

So in all it was a successful weekend to actually get a project finally finished! And was nice to step outside of what I have done before! :)

TFL xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...